Rules Of Membership
1. You must be a registered patient of either of the following practices to be a member of the VPG:
2. Complaints and personal issues will not be addressed from this site. If you have a complaint, please ask at your reception site for a copy of the complaints procedure. If you have a personal issue relating to services provided to you as a patient, please contact the practice manager at your site who will be able to assist.
3. We do not need to meet face to face, discussions can be held online;
4. We will all be flexible, listen, ask for help and support each other;
5. We will demonstrate a commitment to delivering results, as a group;
6. Recommendations/suggestions for improvements to the Practice and/or services should be discussed and agreed within the VPPG before presenting to the Practice for comment. Suggestions will not be considered by the Practices/network until agreement has been reached;
7. The VPPG will nominate one or two representatives who will liaise with the Practice on suggestions and recommendations;
8. All views are valid and will be listened to;
9. Silence indicates agreement — speak up;
10. The purpose of the virtual group is to hear from our patients and to share constructive conversations on topics of interest. Your views and suggestions will help to inform future service improvements for all patients;
11. Honesty is welcomed, as is challenge between individuals, but we ask that your tone and language remain courteous and respectful at all times. Posts which are inflammatory or offensive will be deleted and you may be removed from the VPPG;
12. The VPPG members and practice representatives should be treated with dignity and equality. Respect towards each other’s opinions must be adhered to at all times. Members should not be made to feel their opinions and suggestions are disregarded.
13. Members should be able to openly report in confidence any behaviour that constitutes verbal abuse, bullying, harassment, unfair treatment or similar. Such behaviour will not be tolerated, and members will be removed from the group. Please note, in some cases it may also lead to your practice issuing you with a warning and could result in removal from the practice list.
14. Patients can serve on the VPPG for a fixed term of two years. Representatives of the VPPG can be voted in for a longer term by the VPPG members and Practice/PCN but their term will not exceed four years;
15. The ground rules of the VPPG may change from time to time at the discretion of the Practices/PCN;
16. It is the responsibility of the patient to inform the chair and/or practice manager that they no longer wish to sit on the group, or that they are leaving the practice. Membership to the group will then be revoked. (Please note: a monthly audlt WIII be conducted on the patient group lISt to ensure that everyone wlthln the group still maintains the right to sit on the group)
17. IMPORTANT — Please note that no medical information or questions will be responded to.
The information supplled to us will be used lawfully in accordance with the Data Protectlon Act 2018. The Data Protection Act 2018 gives you the right to know what information is held about you and sets out rules to make sure that this information is handled properly.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.